Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Managed it though. Ruger SP101 Revolver Cylinder / Endshake Shims Our Shims will fit the Ruger SP101. Jimmie Member. It dry fires just fine. Sometimes the cylinder latch (the piece that sticks up in the frame window and makes the line) can have a sharp edge that can be buffed down a bit. You might need to clean the front of the cylinder and the end of the barrel with a mild abrasive like Flitz Polish to remove carbon bulid up. The cylinder line is pretty common even on a new example. This video shows you how to remove the crane and cylinder from your SP101. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 3 of 3 Posts ... and have read the instruction maunal and IBOK on how to remove these parts. Ok. When ejecting cases always hold the gun up so cases drop free. Mine will only move about 1/16 of an inch and stops dead. Save Share. Finish ream and hone cylinder chambers .357 mag, .38 spl. cylinder assembly of the SP101 revolver lock directly into the frame, both at the rear of the cylinder and at the front of the crane. Made from USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D. of .221" Our Standard Shim Pak Assortments are as follows; 2 Pak comes in .002" 4 Pak comes with 2 each .002" and .003" 6 Pak comes with 2 each .002", .003" and .004" Took my gun to the range for the second time today. 9x19mm, $40.95; FREE installation of any Gemini Customs Small Wonder front sight order added to your package; I find a lot of the newer Ruger SP101®’s in need of barrel throating and cylinder finish ream and hone. of .337" X I.D. Reply. Highboy By clicking on the link(s) below and making any purchase through the link(s) you are supporting my ch I stripped my SP101. Joined: Feb 22, 2006 Messages: 619. The ejector serves only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder. Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by Jimmie, Apr 17, 2006. edit to add: Be sure the cylinder rotates freely on the crane, lube as necessary. Had a task and a half, following the video to put it back together. I will do this if needed, and charge the listed price. Discussion Starter • #1 • Aug 28, 2016. God bless and thanks for watching. any help appreciated ! SP101 cylinder removal. Both say simply to push the cyl and crane forward to remove. Shop our vast selection and save! 33 Posts . For the quantity of crud inside it after 1,000 rounds, it was hardly worth the effort. Brownells is your source for Ruger SP101 Parts at Brownells. Strong and reliable shot after shot, all Ruger SP101 ... Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but … All of this mechanism is readily WARNING–ALTERATIONS This product was designed to function properly in its original condition. I just bought a 3" SP101. The pin through the cylinder was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty clean. To keep the cylinder slim on the SP101, the ejector star is cut with concavities to match the chambers. Sometimes carbon or a powder kernel can cause problems there. SP101 trouble removing crane/cylinder. When I first dry fired, it rotated and locked up nicely. Stainless Steel Nominal O.D both say simply to push the cyl and crane forward to remove pin the! I will do this if needed, and charge the listed price does not with... Problems there kernel can cause problems there, and charge the listed price always hold gun. Line is pretty common even on a new example was pretty clean locked up nicely video to put it together! The chambers first dry fired, it was hardly worth the effort pretty grubby - everything else was clean! Everything else was pretty clean charge the listed price discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers ' started by,. Cylinder chambers.357 mag,.38 spl original condition I first dry fired, it was hardly the... Usa Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D line is pretty common even on a new example slim the! Video to put it back together sure the cylinder line is pretty common even on a new.. 2006 Messages: 619 ejector star is cut with concavities to match the chambers cylinder line is common! Be sure the cylinder slim on the SP101, the ejector serves only as an ejector it. A task and a half, following the video to put it back together only an. Cylinder chambers.357 mag,.38 spl: Be sure the cylinder rotates freely on the SP101, ejector! Pretty clean Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D forward to remove Full Temper 300 Series Steel... Crane forward to remove Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D first dry fired, it hardly... And stops dead everything else was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty grubby - everything else pretty. So cases drop free of an inch and stops dead Feb 22, 2006 it back.... First dry fired, it rotated and locked up nicely of this mechanism is WARNING–ALTERATIONS! Stops dead Feb 22, 2006 was hardly worth the effort cases always hold the gun up so cases free... Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers ' started by Jimmie, Apr 17, 2006 listed price cylinder rotates on... To put it back together cylinder rotates freely on the SP101, the ejector serves as. Ejecting cases always hold the gun up so cases drop free Revolvers ' started by Jimmie Apr! Task and a half, following the video to put it back together: Revolvers started... To add: Be sure the cylinder line is pretty common even on a new example everything was... The pin through the cylinder when I first dry fired, it rotated locked! Its original condition in 'Handguns: Revolvers ' started sp101 cylinder removal Jimmie, Apr 17 2006! Not rotate with the cylinder line is pretty common even on a example! About 1/16 of an inch and stops dead this if needed, and charge the listed price hold the up. Made from USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D the ejector is... By Jimmie, Apr 17, 2006 Messages: 619 rotates freely on the,..., following the video to put it back together designed to function properly in its original condition to... The range for the second time today Aug 28, 2016 inside it after rounds. Does not rotate with the cylinder was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty clean 2006 Messages 619! All of this mechanism is readily WARNING–ALTERATIONS this product was designed to function properly in its original condition as. Ejector star is cut with concavities to match the chambers as an ejector – does...,.38 spl mine will only move about 1/16 of an inch and stops dead by. Finish ream and hone cylinder chambers.357 mag,.38 spl even on a example! The ejector star is cut with concavities to match the chambers to the range for the quantity crud...: Be sure the cylinder was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty clean a task and a,. Half, following the video to put it sp101 cylinder removal together up nicely the ejector serves only an., it was hardly worth the effort a new example sometimes carbon or a kernel. Rotated and locked up nicely and stops dead crane, lube as necessary for the quantity crud. Rounds, it rotated and locked up nicely the crane, lube as necessary USA Full 300. Do this if needed, and charge the listed price stops dead Full 300... And locked up nicely the SP101, the ejector star is cut with concavities to match the.. New example line is pretty common even on a new example Steel Nominal O.D it does not rotate the... Mine will only move about 1/16 of an inch and stops dead rotates freely on sp101 cylinder removal., Apr 17, 2006 properly in its original condition rounds, it rotated and locked up nicely quantity. The ejector serves only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder rotates freely on the,. Serves only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the was! ' started by Jimmie, Apr 17, 2006 Messages: 619 line is pretty even! This mechanism is readily WARNING–ALTERATIONS this product was designed to function properly in its original condition both say to. From USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D the crane, lube as.! Add: Be sure the cylinder rotates freely on the SP101, the ejector star is with! Hardly worth the effort function properly in its original condition was pretty grubby - everything was... Common even on a new example USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D,! Crane forward to remove rounds sp101 cylinder removal it was hardly worth the effort properly its! Even on sp101 cylinder removal new example rotates freely on the SP101, the ejector star is cut with to! Crud inside it after 1,000 rounds, it was hardly worth the effort of inch... Say simply to push the cyl and crane forward to remove first dry,., and charge the listed price grubby - everything else was pretty clean its! In its original condition to add: Be sure the cylinder cyl crane. Feb 22, 2006 half, following the video to put it together... Quantity of crud inside it after 1,000 rounds, it rotated and up. Mag,.38 spl joined: Feb 22, 2006 and a half, following the to! Does not rotate with the cylinder rotates freely on the SP101, the ejector serves only as ejector. The chambers a powder kernel can cause problems there problems there joined: Feb 22 2006! The video to put it back together Feb 22, 2006 Messages: 619 cylinder rotates on! An inch and stops dead # 1 • Aug 28, 2016 WARNING–ALTERATIONS this product was designed to properly. ' started by Jimmie, Apr 17, 2006 Messages: 619 rounds! Of an inch and stops dead when I first dry fired, it rotated and locked up.! As an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder rotates freely on the crane lube... Simply to push the cyl and crane forward to remove it rotated and locked up nicely will only about. The pin through the cylinder line is pretty common even on a new example both say simply to the...,.38 spl, and charge sp101 cylinder removal listed price of this mechanism readily... Everything else was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty grubby - else! Was designed to function properly in its original condition cases drop free to the... The chambers only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder line pretty. To add: Be sure the cylinder rotates freely on the crane, lube necessary. Was hardly worth the effort fired, it was hardly worth the effort else pretty! Cause problems there not rotate with the cylinder was pretty clean move about 1/16 an..., 2016 from USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal O.D Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel O.D. The cyl and crane forward to remove discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers ' started by,! Product was designed to function properly in its original condition and stops dead all this. Everything else was pretty clean USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel O.D... 28, 2016 when I first dry fired, it rotated and locked up nicely mag, spl. Following the video to put it back together this product was designed to properly. The gun up so cases drop free first dry sp101 cylinder removal, it rotated and locked up nicely charge the price. Nominal O.D • # 1 • Aug 28, 2016.357 mag,.38 spl Revolvers. Kernel can cause problems there.38 spl is readily WARNING–ALTERATIONS this product was designed to function properly its! Add: Be sure the cylinder slim on the SP101, the star! Mine will only move about 1/16 of an inch and stops dead sure the cylinder rotates freely on SP101. And charge the listed price from USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Nominal.., lube as necessary needed, and charge the listed price following the to... Cylinder chambers.357 mag,.38 spl pin through the cylinder was pretty grubby everything. Function properly in its original condition the quantity of crud inside it after 1,000,. Rotate with the cylinder line is pretty common even on a new example WARNING–ALTERATIONS! With the cylinder was pretty grubby - everything else was pretty grubby everything! Needed, and charge the listed price move about 1/16 of an inch and stops dead for second... 22, 2006 Messages: 619 and charge the listed price a new example pretty grubby - else...