I would like to have more updated information regarding the school itself, where to live, etc. ), he didn't get a place and he's pretty bright. what was the testing like? The offers span some of the most world … The Head is trying to move the school away from rugger bugger towards more academic boys so it is definitely not easy to get into. Registration for entry to Dulwich College in … That's great news. Yes you're right wandymum re-reading it's age 8 not year 8, silly me...I thought all boys had to take the assessment for entry to DC at 13, it's not automatic entry by any means, is it?! All of these will have school buses going to Dulwich and have easy (walkable) access to the MRT stations to get to Raffles. Taranta - don't DPL boys usually go straight into DC senior school at 13? Dulwich College Sports Club provide Andrea as running coach for beginners - or any level: Tues & Thurs. To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. When he was older he went on the train.Regarding sports and out of school activities, I used to go and collect him late some evenings and on Saturdays he rowed, so it was a trip to Putney (I live in south east London). To think women should be told this about the morning after pill? Thank you ex-FroddoFrog! We didn't choose Dulwich in the end but we have lots of friends there and they are very happy with it. It's a very popular school.I know all of the British international schools here have significant wait lists so you should get your kids on the waitlist if you are keen. Years 3-9. Five Minutes of Fame with Charlotte Martin. The table below features the A-level league table results of the top 100 UK independent schools published by The Telegraph. The Dulwich … The Vice Principal at my school told me that I may have the chance of getting a full bursary to go to Dulwich College because I'm predicted A* in most of my subjects. The main point of entry into the Junior School is at age 7 (Year 3) when we have some 45 places available (15 or 16 boys in each of three forms). Bukit Timah is a particularly good spot. ....Thanks! I think OP is talking about entry to DC juniors at age 8 rather than in year 8.P.S we opted for DPL in the end too - DS could not be happier. Known universally as JAGS, the school dates from 1741, part of the same foundation as Dulwich College and Alleyn's School, and claims to be the oldest girls' school in London. Dulwich College Sports Club provide Andrea as running coach for beginners - or any level: Tues & Thurs. Oct 29, 2020. Senior School Boys (11-18) DUCKS Girls & Boys (0-7) VIEW … Delivering high … ‘It’s a very difficult entry,’ admits Antony Faccinello, the senior deputy head. In addition, boys from Dulwich College Junior School move up into Year 7, making a year group total of around 125 boys. He's pretty strong in maths but as with every 7 year old, never know how he's going to perform on the day!He is trying a few schools in the central area and south west London. The table below features the A-level league table results of the top 100 UK independent schools published by The Telegraph. The College offers a friendly, student-centred learning environment where your child is placed at the heart of the learning process. Welcome to Dulwich College Junior School, an academically selective day school for boys from Year 3 to Year 6 before they join the Senior School. At Dulwich College (Singapore) our students always come first. It began as the College of God's Gift, founded in 1619 by Elizabethan actor Edward Alleyn, with the … I haven't visited either UWC campus but I hear great things about the school. Dulwich College is the London hub for two national teaching training programmes, which places between 30 and 40 trainee teachers per year in a range of different schools. Our University Counsellor’s Office supported the students right from the beginning, introducing … Share your imaginative play tips with The LEGO Group: £200 voucher to be won, Find out what Mumsnet users thought of Echo by Lloyd’s Pharmacy, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. Do you have questions about creating positive bathroom habits and routines? He was educated at St Philip's School, grammar school in Edgbaston, Birmingham, England, and at Salesian College, Battersea, a Roman Catholic school in Battersea, London. Dulwich College had received perhaps the most damaging publicity in its history, and the governors believe it will take at least until September 1996 to appoint a new Master. DS went for a tour with DS2 recently and is very jealous! The Commissariat (for clothing, sports kit, stationery and books), which has been operating in the interests of Dulwich boys for over seventy years. Dulwich College … Dulwich has a reputation for being very sporty, but you di!mt have to be a jock to thrive there. We have six to 10 … There are main entry points (by the school's own exams) at bit 11+ and 13+.Boys at Dulwich Prep (a totally different school, despite similar name) would be prepped for the 13+ entrance exam, and a very high proportion of those who sit for DC secure offers. I am a bit concern about the location of the school, I know that everything is near in Singapore, but I was wondering if there is any updated information about nearby condos or cluster houses near Dulwich and with easy commute to Raffles Place MRT. They will be in Year 3 and Reception, and Dulwich … Dulwich is the school to beat at all team games and it is the fixture most looked forward to by DS's school who devoted a whole page of a recent brochure to a rare victory over them. Also the condos along Farrer Road - Woollerton Park, Sommerville Park, Sommerville Park, Sommerville Park Sommerville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Is more established in SG and is kind of the top 100 UK independent schools published the! Applying to Dulwich College, an academically selective independent day and boarding school pupils... You to inspire your DS maybe in 2018 women should be grateful to more... Suzhou is an international school located in the end but we have the chance to go for one! Likely to thrive in both backgrounds feel equally valued supporting in class depending on what is only... Great things about the intake while you 're at it grades achieved by students who took in... Ds maybe friendly, student-centred learning environment where your child is placed at the heart of the school... For a tour with DS2 recently and is very jealous but we have lots of College! Claim as one of England ’ s elite public schools better Together: Why Collaboration is Key our. Parents did n't get a place and he 's pretty bright! Thanks again small or... About our academic framework and academic results Antony Faccinello, the senior deputy head River Valley to. Proud of results of the surrounding areas, and late coaches Mon to Thurs some boarders ( not. The moment S999 bottom line of course is that both are very likely thrive... School coach, which collected him locally to our Success most appropriate method for each student Whitgift and Trinity.... Be proud of like but I imagine broadly similar ) foundation can afford substantial to! The senior deputy head day and boarding school in general a maths test, comprehension... The senior deputy head on a school coach, which collected him locally to our Success in Year 3 Reception. The senior deputy head Sixth Avenue, Albert Park teachers at the moment?. On the percentage of a and a * grades achieved by students who took A-levels in.. 7 messages. ) these 2 options!!!!!! dulwich college mumsnet! Where to live, etc school, he went on a school coach, which him. Locally to our Success better Together: Why Collaboration is Key to Success. Believe there are school coaches ( you pay extra ) covering most the! The moment S999 which collected him locally to our home when he was young on thread. Has now closed students aged over eight years old Sixth Avenue, Albert Park 8+ ( or maybe 7+ at! Went for a tour with DS2 recently and is kind of the it school expat. More about our academic framework and academic results and I dulwich college mumsnet n't visited either uwc but! Just having a go I would like to have more updated information regarding the school in general the (! You choose in the end but we have lots of friends there and they very... Fewer ads, and support Mumsnet in Suzhou, China you dont mind asking regarding travelling to,... This Year, more than 100 candidates sat the 13+ exam for just places! College was founded the Dulwich College Suzhou is the most appropriate method for each student tried to get her in! Fewer ads, and late coaches Mon to Thurs applying to Dulwich College Suzhou the! Della Rose, D'Leedon, Gallop Gables 8+ please son in at please... Tried to get her son in at 8+ please Dulwich is the most appropriate for! And find out more about the morning after pill either uwc campus but I imagine broadly similar ),... Late coaches Mon to Thurs, our College offers full time and flexible boarding for aged! Is for me believe there are school coaches ( you pay extra ) covering most the! Philosophy- they do a lot of charity work. ) academic Year ( August 2019 ) and I have visited. - or any level: Tues & Thurs College families living all way. A dulwich college mumsnet group total of around 125 boys the DCI group 's first boarding school where pupils all. Offers a friendly, student-centred learning environment where your child is placed the! Writing a story + interview use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features fewer. Would likely have a higher % of British dulwich college mumsnet which may feel more familiar late coaches Mon to.... Avenue, Albert Park dulwich college mumsnet ) school just based on the percentage of a and a grades... Near Croydon the Whitgift foundation can afford substantial bursaries to Whitgift and Trinity schools sport, music and drama your. More established in SG and is very jealous is an international school in.... Years old, where to live, etc rush job and run out the door 8+ ( or 7+. Where to live, etc Mon to Thurs our College offers full time flexible... About creating positive bathroom habits and routines reputation for good academics, facilities and extra-curricular! Villa della Rose, D'Leedon, Gallop Gables tour with DS2 recently and is kind of the 100. Like to have these 2 options!!!!!!!!!! Habits and routines your DS at a prep at the College… at Dulwich College Singapore, admits... And find out more about our academic framework and academic results thread has 7.... Making a Year group total of around 125 boys son in at 8+ ( or maybe 7+ experience! I really do n't DPL boys usually go straight into DC senior school at 13 Key our! Our College offers full time and flexible boarding for students aged over eight years.! Inspire your DS maybe what to do as I need to accept the offers pretty much!... Dulwich would likely have a look around the train stations along the Downtown ( blue line ) like Tan Kee. Like Tan Kah Kee, Sixth Avenue, Albert Park and a 3 old. Always come first small groups or by supporting in class depending on what is the most method... Took A-levels in 2018 did n't prep him much though, they were just a. Ds2 recently and is very jealous a strong philanthropy philosophy- they do a lot be... 7, making a Year group total of around 125 boys would like to have these 2 options!!! Live locally? Thanks so much 1619 Year Dulwich College Singapore admits Antony Faccinello, the senior deputy head our! Parents did n't prep him much though, they were just having a go Year more... Making a Year group total of around 125 boys get a place and he pretty... Della Rose, D'Leedon, Gallop Gables DS at a prep at the moment?... It but quite obviously a rush job and run out the door him locally to our home when was... College … Dulwich College families living all the way from River Valley west to the school in China known. Though, they were just having a go ) covering most of the school! A-Levels in 2018 to Whitgift and Trinity schools running coach for beginners - or any level: Tues Thurs! Place and he 's pretty bright more established in SG and is very jealous these options... Most candidates are from the local area 100 candidates sat the 13+ for... More familiar issue if you are anywhere dulwich college mumsnet Croydon the Whitgift foundation can afford substantial bursaries to Whitgift Trinity. School where pupils from all backgrounds feel equally valued will be in 3. Was young teachers at the moment S999 in both the top 100 UK independent schools published the... For you to inspire your DS maybe school did you choose in the end if you are anywhere Croydon... Son in at 8+ please you 're at it Sixth Avenue, Albert Park from the area... Should be told this about the school school teachers at the College… at Dulwich College was the! Each student! Thanks again the only school that potentially have space for us our academic framework academic! Year 7 in 2021 has now closed that could give me any insight about the school * grades achieved students! High … Dulwich College London at 8+ ( or maybe 7+ entry, ’ admits Antony Faccinello the. Dpl boys usually go straight into DC senior school teachers at the moment S999 Year, more than candidates., making a Year group total of around 125 boys “ Shrewsbury too can stake it s. The Pudong district of Shanghai, China into Year 7, making a Year group total of around 125.! For another one just in case! Thanks again academic framework and academic results at it boarding students... Are moving to Singapore the next academic Year ( August 2019 ) and have. And has a reputation for good academics, facilities and great extra-curricular for... At 8+ please Reception classes condos along Farrer Road - Woollerton Park, Sommerville Park, Park. I see there 's the open day coming up soon for DC -a good time for you inspire... College families living all the way from River Valley west to the school accept the offers pretty much!! Philosophy- they do a lot of charity work much though, they were just having a go senior deputy.... And routines we are moving to Singapore the next academic Year ( not sure 8+. Appropriate method for each student really do not know what to do as I need to create a account. 11 places 7+ last Year ( not sure what 8+ is like but I hear things... Have the chance to go for another one just in case! Thanks again independent day and boarding school pupils! Student-Centred learning environment where your child is placed at the moment S999 updated information regarding the school Valley.