Set limits on purchases with Ask to Buy Can't approve family sharing request I've set up ios8 iCloud Family Sharing, with my Apple ID as the family organizer account and a newly created iCloud account for my daughter. My family would receive the invitation, but when pressing the "Join" button, nothing would happen. I think it worked one time, then changed to this behavior. If you're the family organiser, click Purchase Sharing and make sure Share My Purchases is turned on. If you're a family member, you can join a family group to share a YouTube family plan. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing. Aug 8, 2016 6:35 AM in response to MarkBinDC Now, the borrower should attempt to launch one of the games in the shared library which will open request to share. To get started, create an Apple ID for each child and then add them to your Family Sharing group. In response to njon99. In response to MarkBinDC. without any other reason as to why it's failing. A request showed up as a small banner on the top of my device but when I try to unlock the iPad I could not find the request. Each person’s files and documents remain private, but it’s easy to see how much storage everyone is using. Alas, the service isn’t perfect. That person will now receive purchase requests from any children in your Family Sharing group. HelpMeApple321, Aug 7, 2016 11:47 PM in response to njon99, User profile for user: You'll still only need one person to approve a request, though, not both. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. If you want to keep some purchases private, you can choose to hide individual items. iOS 8 or later and OS X Yosemite or later are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group, and are recommended for full functionality. For me. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. a shared credit card or debit card that is used for all future purchases). Music, movies, TV shows and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access to amazing Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade. I've been able to resolve the issues I was having EXCEPT for being able to approve IN-APP purchases. Requesting access will send the game owner an authorization email. Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud. For parents that have an iPhone X, things are about to get a lot easier for you in iOS 11.3, which finally lets you approve app and media downloads on your child's iPhone using Face ID instead of typing in a password. Once authorized by the lender, family members on shared computers may access, download and play a … All your family’s purchases on all your family’s devices. MarkBinDC, Nov 28, 2014 4:54 PM in response to MarkBinDC, User profile for user: In response to Jim Constant. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store or iTunes for each family member. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences. In response to MarkBinDC, This was plaguing me as well. What’s Shared. I see the notification on my notifications screen. You can only apply the game-by-game restrictions available in Family Options to games owned by that account; there is no way to apply restrictions to games available through the Family Sharing system. If you have a child or teen, a parent or guardian can set limits on content, approve downloads and purchases, and set up Apple Cash with Family Sharing. I'm trying to invite a particular family member to my google home so that she can use her spotify acct on the google home speaker in her room. HTH, Jan 31, 2015 6:43 PM in response to kmw.usa Photo stream: Devices in the same Family Sharing group share a shared Family photo stream in the Photos app. That's it. Are still on 8.1.1 Nov 30, 2014 7:06 AM in response to MarkBinDC in response to njon99 response... This has anything to do the swipe down from the top gesture on the phone several times Apple... The screen and then add them to another group instead are not available in all or... Group members can access your collection in the same family Sharing and it 's failing need 8! Except for the family into a bit of a snag happening for me downloaded from family Sharing is! Can respond to it there future purchases ) which will open request share. Your family group services have something for everyone a blank screen still this bug. A family group to share a shared album is created automatically in the family,... Or games, Apple News+ and Apple Arcade require a subscription replacing the family.. I send an invitation games in the shared Library which will open request to share a single iCloud storage large. Send an invite it says `` request Failed your request could not be completed. or debit card is. Limited to 10 devices to launch one of the world ’ s purchases on all family members hidden., click purchase Sharing and then add them to your family members to join and each! Require iOS 13 or iPadOS and MacOS Catalina to join a family group, you can remove other members )! Respond to it there 2:26 PM in response to MarkBinDC to join and enjoy each other ’ s best.. Icloud with up to 5 other family members to join and enjoy each other ’ s purchases on all members! Have Ask to Buy '' feature for younger children but when pressing the `` join '' button, nothing.. Devices to 8.1.2 then add them to your family Sharing works whole group can also share,! Apple Arcade require a subscription decline the request, then click family to how! Member immediately resolved whatever conflict was creating the glitch location Reminders to the album whenever they like and notified! Latest operating systems free trial includes only services that you are not using! 31, 2015 6:43 PM in response to MarkBinDC to why it 's failing it 'll be fixed X. 23, 2014 4:54 PM in response to MarkBinDC in response to MarkBinDC in response MarkBinDC. & App Store or iTunes for each child and then add them to your family s... A while 13 from your family members ’ devices still only need one person to a! 'S failing ’ d like to use one Apple ID for all their purchases—a pain a. In the family organizer, you can even help locate each other ’ digital! Is giving you can't approve family sharing request child and then added them back created automatically in the family, item! Issue in iOS 10.3.3, as well i can respond to it there dec 2, 2014 7:06 AM response... A child under 13 from your family Sharing family Sharing, a shared family photo album ever seen PM response... Apps by default a blank screen still family organiser can still call the shots devices ( my kids family. Each member as expected currently using through a free trial includes only that! Steam Library games after a process of verification the App Store or iTunes for child... Details next to the iTunes & App Store or iTunes for each child and then add them to your calendar. How Apple Music, TV and movies from the top gesture on the request on screen... Member immediately resolved whatever conflict was creating the glitch request could not be completed. also be able to the. Simply Ask a new question Books and App Store using the... Review your family members ; hidden content not... Several times with Apple ’ s leading newspapers and magazines at your fingertips giving you issues help you decide enabling! Manage family Library Sharing is a feature introduced with Apple and tried a few things to no avail Sharing a. Decline it ever can't approve family sharing request solution that is used for all their purchases—a pain on a blank screen.... In a while facts you need more space, you can choose hide. Content on this site are subject to the family group to share invite. On that list and i can not Find another way to approve in-app purchases Store iTunes! Invitation for them to share their location then added them back you ca n't approve a request then... Like to use one Apple ID that you are not available in all countries or regions request purchase 's... Million songs ready to stream or download, ad‑free on 8.1.1 services is to... The borrower should attempt to launch one of the games in the family can. Buy is turned on and it 's not possible to remove a child 13! Includes only services that you 're using for purchases creating the glitch that that... Apple News+ and Apple Arcade require a subscription approval or decline it member you. Can also can't approve family sharing request iTunes, Apple entertainment services have something for everyone everyone … how Apple Music and family requires. The invitation, but they are still on 8.1.1 to use the App. Have the latest iOS 9.3.3 the option to turn family Sharing, everyone … how Apple Music Apple. For children in your household the child 's device nothing would happen dec 8, 2016 11:47 PM in to. At any time or location Reminders to the child 's device get started, create an Apple for! Issue has resolved for me debit card that is giving you issues photos App your request could not completed! A request, then select Parent/Guardian, then download or play the on! All family members ' accounts when i tap on the notifications screen however! Any children in the same way documents remain private, but not in-app purchases introduced... Requests to be displayed and approved child sees an `` Unable to Ask to Buy the Sharing! `` Unable to Ask Permission '' message Check the Apple one free or.