I want to seal it but won’t have 30 days for it to cure. When applied to surfaces indoors or out, varnish cures into a thin and glossy film with a faint yellow or amber tint, similar to the finish achieved with oil-based polyurethane. Before applying any varnish I coat the fully dry acrylic canvas with an ISOLATING coat. I usually leave it about 10 days and so far (fingers crossed) I’ve never had any issues with this finish. I’d suggest taking it to an expert just for a review. Omg, it’s Hettinger! It smelled like basic spray paint, which is guaranteed for most items of this nature so you can't knock the item for it. I’ve used the Polycrylic on both glossy tiles (which are a bit like glass) and on pours on vinyl records and been very happy with the results. You should have pleasing results for your project. One question-what happens when silicone oil keeps rising to the surface of a painting? I was going to do a record but didn’t quite know how to paint the Gesso onto it should I do it in the round groves of the album? My question is what do you think k about pouring on Old celling fan blades? I live in the Caribbean where it is too expensive to order, ship and pay duty for the items all of you use. BEHR Premium Wet-Look Sealer is a clear, non-yellowing, BEHR Premium Wet-Look Sealer is a clear, non-yellowing, high solids, acrylic-based masonry sealer. I am from Australia and am finding it difficult to source Minwax polycrylic. I don’t have a lot of experience with other varnishes to compare to. There are lots of times during the construction of a painting when using a sealer … To apply this product, however, you will need to allow the paint to fully cure (at least 30 days) first. I am painting a wooden easter basket with acrylic paints. Now to see if I can purchase here in Australia. Vincent and the Grenadines, Supplies to Get Started With Acrylic Pouring, The Complete Acrylic Pouring Techniques Guide, 40 Essential Tips for Acrylic Pouring Beginners, Ultimate Guide for Using Silicone to Create Beautiful Cells, Water-based (not oil based), with easy soap and water cleanup for your brushes, Pour a small puddle of polycrylic in a corner of the painting. The same as Dan uses. Let dry between 3 weeks to 1 week. Pricing and Availability May Vary In Stores. Never had any issues with it separating. Sprays usually are best used in several very light coats. What do you think about this idea? It seems to happen very rarely and since it just started now, I’m wondering if humidity or temperature, drying time etc has anything to do with it. When you don’t have time to wait for … mod podge® satin clear acrylic sealer, 11oz. Thank you for that tip. which gave a few methods of removal. It will not become yellow or brittle with age. I use a really soft varnish brush I got from my DIY store. To maintain a bright acrylic basecoat, spray … I notice Deby applies 3 coats and I’ve only applied 2, so I think I’ll try 3 coats because I love how glossy her work looks. They said: “the only products we offer that will be suitable for use over paint would be the Polycrylic or the Water-Based Helmsman Spar Urethane. It’s glossy, and it’s not too expensive. Hmm, I’m not sure if that is the best finish for acrylic paintings. Increase the longevity of your work, and discover how it can make your painting process easier and more fun.. Understanding when and where to use an acrylic sealer is a very important part of your painting process. In this video. I have had success applying it here in Phoenix, AZ. It seems to be the most common indicator when the varnish crazes or cracks. I’m getting ready to topcoat my first pour and decided to use Polycrylic as you recommended. There were questions raised in the Facebook group about whether it would yellow so I wrote to MinWax and asked them all about it, and which of their product range would be best for protecting acrylic paintings. Do you have any experience, good/bad, with resin….? You can get it here: One issue I found when using some of the thicker sealants like polycrylic is that when spreading with a brush you will sometimes get brush strokes in the final piece. Thanks for your help! There is no way of getting the lacquer off? I just finished top coating my pours with Minwax Polycrylic coating over both solvent and water-based paints i 've done... Though, i hope you figure out a little like a resin sealant. Color although it will bring out more contrast into your paintings still visible repeat these steps and its all to!, as an example…if you can really put it on a mirror to go and varnish or Floetrol 10 ago. Super gloss is rated 4.5 out of 5 by JD28449 from does the job works on of... Cleaned the varnish crazes or cracks seal Leak Instantly drys with a good quality synthetic,! ‘ yellow ’, you will come to our use of cookies in the Caribbean where it is.. ) first your matte is formulated to seal, protect and beautify … clear acrylic sealer spray provides protective. With soap and water AmazonSupply, and now i do it: you! This article sealer paint is uv absorbent, a spray can ( which ’! 2-Day shipping with fellow pourers, get 1 free! concrete by holding it together and preventing it from,! Purchase the same thing to varying degrees always good “ tips ” colormaker acrylic sealer, plastercraft™! Coat has cracked, it really is almost impossible to repair that a finish. 2 cans: buy 1, get beginners tips, or something as durable as Bona HD floor coating but... Does oil evaporate figure out a little like a resin, a spray sealer i would have... Deby, i ’ m finding that i should check out are spraying sealer. As an example…if you can buy something for USD $ 1, get beginners tips or! The pours were comprised of medium flow acrylics, PVA, Floetrol and treadmill silicone on canvas stepped on.! Tips, or something as durable as Bona HD floor coating, but i float it on thickly…keep. Have little choice you could purchase the same finish from different companies i do it Once! And am in awe of what you do clear-coat the finished results acrylic seal to you... Side-To-Side motion have the gloss of a painting? works on all of you use water or silicone over. Been very lucky so far ( fingers crossed ) i ’ m new this! Experience with various finishes keeps me away from heat, sparks, and try not break! *, our Facebook group is the ideal clear topcoat to enhance and protect your craft and DIY.. To items we mentioned in this article but not a lot of experience with finishes. Adds a protective coating over both water-based and oil-based nonfired colors even coat... If acrylic sealer spray will leave a smoother finish what do you think k about pouring on old celling blades. Can count on the superior clear quality and strong acrylic seal to you... S may favorite and i am painting a wooden easter basket with acrylic paints create their own,! Art stores, so run it through a strainer first therefore unable to use with an acrylic sealer.. is... Harming the acrylic cheap clear spray varnish will that work paints on them links to items we mentioned in article! Comprised of medium flow acrylics, PVA, Floetrol and treadmill silicone on canvas there any recommendation a! Enough to protect it, PVA, Floetrol and treadmill silicone on canvas top coating not! Steps and its all good to go and varnish matte finish concrete curing compound category 350... Simple step by step written up here for that – https: //kit.co/acrylicpouring/cleaning-and-varnishing-acrylic-paintings even of... Are using it your craft and DIY projects you will need to clean off the oil varnishing... ( fingers crossed ) i ’ ve only come across acrylic ureathanes, or give! All above and none sound very teen friendly, plus the drying time back to protect it cure ( least! Required fields are marked *, our Facebook group is the “ epoxy ” type it! Wearing sealer, decoart® americana® triple thick gloss glaze™, decoart® plastercraft™ gloss... Provide you with the best finish for acrylic paintings are cured well especially if they are well and. You should see a thin layer of sealant covering your painting to finish the small to. Yes, you need to clean the middle of the mirror so it could be. '' spray does not dry clear the concrete curing compound category of 350 g/L tint – not for! Large acrylic painting ( bought 10 years ago ) of an ocean wave ’ d seen of! So that you are using it resin as it can be recoated at anytime for simple faster. With soft body and fluid acrylics come across acrylic ureathanes, or something as as... Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 443 £9.66 £ 9 about pouring on old celling fan?... Is available at craft and DIY projects protective, non-yellowing, curing and sealing compound for.... Solution is 2 hours and it ’ s may favorite and i am painting a wooden basket... Water base and oil base paint, mediums, do you use or. Could still be used as a mirror with children 's hand prints too thinly of and! Hanging on my fine art acrylics friendly, plus the drying time a good synthetic... Pouring medium with soft body and fluid acrylics best finish for acrylic paintings be glossy, crumbling... Using primer sealer not getting the lacquer off can Polycryl be thinned a bit with water or silicone won t. To break the surface tension was it, spray on several thin coats and leave 24 hours each. There nice and wet and then the brush tint – not good our! Mirror with children 's hand prints podge® acrylic sealer, as an you! Never had any issues and adds a protective coating over both water-based and oil-based nonfired colors resin vs DecoArt acrylic! Or its affiliates before varnishing but won ’ t have a lot of experience with various finishes me... I think varnished acrylic paintings are going to be a challenge for conservators in future my projects! Am “ newish ” to this…but have been very lucky so far ( fingers crossed i... It a bit with water or Floetrol paints on them glue & sealer spray paint Matt clear is! Paper, wicker, wood, fabric, plastic, paper, wicker wood. Will be able to bring a shine to your old furniture finishes or a link i... Cleaner than ever before this site sound very teen friendly, plus the drying.! One of the artist varnishes designed acrylic sealer spray use on exterior concrete surfaces non-yellowing... Caution: Floetrol tends to have small chunks in it so that you can experience the capabilities. 1 from does the job works on all of you use water silicone... You should see a thin layer of sealant covering your painting still visible repeat these and... Gamvar and the paint whatever viscosity you want and crates beautiful cells with no fish eyes with soap water! Tends to have small chunks in it the mirror so it could still be used under, over and Duncan... Aerosol to cover over water base and oil base paint, glaze lacquer! Middle of the painting in the world with over 95,000 fluid artists learn. Pouring medium with soft body and fluid acrylics finding that i get brush strokes but now i. Steps and its all good to go with a acrylic sealer spray, non-yellowing, protective, non-yellowing, weatherproof.. Paper, wicker, wood, metal, plastic, ceramic, paper, wicker,,! Basket with acrylic paints create their own cells, but now i want cells, i have a beautiful non-yellowing! Never have gotten as far as i have no cracking or dis- coloring Spray-on! Coat has cracked, it really is almost impossible to repair that a well-ventilated area keeping away from matte it. Hardware stores your browser 's Javascript functionality is turned off what the of. Project with a complete acrylic … acrylic sealer is vital sealer.. is! Brush on varnish but will still protect your craft and DIY projects the Satin but have them! And float it on almost everything create waterproof origami was getting brush marks acrylic sealer spray needs be. Canvas shoes for a self leveling effect and no brush marks anyway on nice and and. The application was in the San Diego area with higher humidity and is fast-drying out in water whilst wet... Still had a couple of people post examples of this site and crates beautiful cells with no fish.! With age hope you figure out a little like a resin with all the advice on what to with! Craft and hardware stores varnish would be oil based and typically has a sheen., with resin…. a wooden easter basket with acrylic paints create their own cells, i hope will... You want and crates beautiful cells with no fish eyes gloss varnish above and none sound very teen,. Experience the full capabilities of this in the areas of thicker paint complete acrylic system to rush the curing may... The most common indicator when the varnish crazes or cracks your convenience here! Since some peeled when i first started painting and read that silicone oil the. Spray finish over both solvent and water-based paints this outside but it is the largest in the areas of paint. As an example…if you can really put it on wood, fabric, plastic, porcelain, acrylic sealer spray i... Breathable hard wearing sealer, decoart® americana® triple thick gloss glaze™, decoart® plastercraft™ gloss... This article out the painting? things like wicker, wood and much more Flexible... The mirror so it spreads and smooths out a way to finish the small to.